Hey I posted my 2010 goals about a year ago…
Now that the year is almost over .. let’s see how I did.
1.To relaunch and offer as much value and helpful quality information as possible on www.KingDavidHogan.com and help at least 1,000 new people get started in MMA. I relaunched www.KingDavidHogan.com AND launched www.WinYourFirstFight.com . A lot of people are telling me that I’ve helped them lose weight. Get in shape. And start fighting. Not 1,000 people YET but I’m expecting to hit 1,000 within the next 3 months.
2. To win my next 4 MMA fights and in the event that I don’t “win” make sure that I lost because my opponent was truly better. ie I trained properly and to my full potential gave 100% and he was just the better fighter that night. I won TWO .. I only had two and I won both .. I REALLY want to fight more frequently. Hopefully my new manager can keep my BUSY. I’d fight every weekend if I could.
3. Get my purple belt in BJJ and win 2 big tournaments at Purple Belt in the Gi. ie GQ, NAGA, Pan Ams, Worlds, etc. This goal I totally blew off lol I’ve been working on kickboxing not Gi. My kickboxing is coming along QUITE nicely though!
4. Keep my weight and bodyfat percentages in check. Stop with the 3 month “food-coma” inducing eating binges and maintain a body weight of under 170 with a body fat % of under 10%. Half the year I stuck to this .. half the year I didn’t. I did make 155lbs for the first time ever though and fight again at 155 in the beginning of 2011
5. Learn and MASTER 3 new takedown sequences and hit them in competition against opponents of my skill level or higher. I’ve got ONE down soild and a takedown defense series REALLY soild.
6. Train in at least 4 different places across the country including Maryland, Florida, New York and California. Went to Maryland for a marketing seminar but didn’t get to train. Maybe I’ll hit cali this weekend! haha
7. Audition for and make the cast of a season of The Ultimate Fighter show if they have 155lbs or 170lbs this year or find a way to get a show of my own or on another Nationally Televised show. Okay this goal went REALLY well. I auditioned for The Ultimate Fighter at 170lbs and did really well.. Tapped a brown belt from Brazil twice in 2 minutes and made the final interview. They told me I fight 155 and I’m too small for 170. Which is fine.I’m going to go back next 155 audition.
I also created a TV Pilot and Sizzle Reel which I got an Option Deal on from Transcas Films. We will be selling it in this next coming year!
Those we’re my 7 MMA Goals for 2010.
So overall even though I didn’t do EVERYTHING I put on the list.. I accomplished A LOT.
I think it’s important to set BIG goals.. That way even if you get halfway there you still made AWESOME progress!
Looking forward to setting some new ones for 2011!!